The Solar system!
The Solar System takes you on a journey through our solar system in both American Sign Language and English. Narrated by Lorne Farnovich, The Solar System is full of fun facts and rich in visual information for a great learning experience. VL2 Storybook Apps are designed to provide an optimal reading experience for young and emerging readers - with three modes to engage young readers. The WATCH mode features a narration by Lorne Farnovich; the READ mode is packed with sentence videos on each page, with pop up videos for glossary definitions of vocabulary words. The LEARN mode is a glossary of vocabulary words definitions. Illustrations are done by Yiqiao Wang.
- Project Lead: Lorne Farnovitch
- Producer: Lauren Benedict
- Art: Yiqiao Wang
- Storyteller: Lorne Farnovitch
- Story and Concept: Lorne Farnovitch, Lauren Benedict, and Dr. Melissa Herzig
- Project Mentor: Dr. Melissa Herzig
- Video Production: Wei Wang
- Design Production: Lauren Benedict
- Early Childhood Literacy and Quality Assurance consultant: Dr. Melissa Herzig
- VL2 Storybook Apps and Creator developed by: Melissa Malzkuhn
- Lead Programmer: Tim Kettering
- Co-Principal Investigator: Dr. Thomas Allen
- Co-Principal Investigator and Science Director: Dr. Laura-Ann Petitto
This project was made possible by the National Science Foundation funded Science of Learning Center on Visual Language and Visual Learning and Motion Light Lab at Gallaudet University.
Concept sketches by Yiqiao Wang