The classic Aesop's fable about the boy who cried wolf will be brought to life in a wholly new medium with vivid ASL storytelling, adding creative elements to a timeless tale. Accompanied by detailed paintings that evoke times of yore, this storybook app will display the story in both languages with vocabulary support.
- Project Director: Melissa Malzkuhn
- Design Director: Jacob Shamberg
- Lead Programmer: Tim Kettering
- Artist: Pamela Witcher
- Storyteller: Justin Jackerson
- Video Production: Zilvinas Paludnevicius
- Story Adaption: Melissa Malzkuhn, with Dr. Benjamin Bahan, Dr. Kristen Harmon, and Dr. Melissa Herzig
- Vocabulary Audio: Lyle Vold
- Audio Consultant: Jennifer Kaika Vold
- Production Designers: Yiqiao Wang, Artist-in-Residence, and Joseph "Pepe" Wagnon
- Co-Principal Investigator: Dr. Thomas Allen
- Co-Principal Investigator and Science Director: Dr. Laura-Ann Petitto
Many thanks to Andrea Sonnier, Erica Wilkins, Suzanne Scheuermann, Bobbie Jo Kite, Dr. Jenny Singleton, and Access Interpreting.
We would like to also acknowledge California School for the Deaf, Fremont and the Kendall Demonstration Elementary School at Clerc Center, for welcoming us to meet with their students to share these stories while in development. Also, many thanks to the families and children who tested this app prior to release!